DKIM x= Signature Expiration - Domain Expiration Required?

2005-07-20 15:58:49

Section 3.5  "The DKIM-Signature header field"  describes the x= tag as a
optional signature expiration time value.

I am trying to understand why this value should be trusted and even if its
fails due to expiration, how does the MTA handle this?

I suggest that expirations ideas should be first placed in the domain policy
record and then optionally, the value be copied for the signature record.

The implementer can use this signature copy or use the domain copy to
determine/compare expiration.

http://www.santronics.com