Re: XINDX

2005-07-20 19:55:01

Dave Crocker wrote:

The XINDX indicates a placeholder for a cross-reference

LOL, okay, so I can look for a definition of SWSP _within_ the
draft, and stop waiting for an external [XINDX] document.  And
of course it's there...

|  SWSP =  CR / LF / WSP   ; streaming white space

What we need here could be some kind of "minfws" instead of the
"minwsp" / "nowsp" algorithms.

But runs of CR or LF in the body are also critical, it's a pain
to catch CR without LF or vice versa in ABNF.

   MINFWS = 1*WSP *(CRLF 1*WSP) ; step 1: replace obs-FWS by SP
   NOCRSP = 1*( CR / SP ) NOLF  ; step 2: replace CR / SP by SP
   NOSPLF = NOCR 1*( SP / LF )  ; step 3: replace SP / LF by SP

Dubious, there must be a better way to get rid of CR / LF.  Bye