RE: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-26 14:19:53

From: owner-ietf-mailsig(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org
[mailto:owner-ietf-mailsig(_at_)mail(_dot_)imc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Arvel
Hathcock

As of now, I am not aware of any specifications for doing
DKIM using
any other mechanism, for obtaining keys. Defining such a mechanism
will take unknown resources and time.  The output of that
effort is
not certain.

q=xkms

That's it, done.

If it's really that simple then where is the problem?  If
literally all we
have to do is that then there's no reason to continue arguing
this point.

The reason we are arguing this point is that one individual insists on
pretending that nothing is understood about these issues and that the
only option here is to invent something denovo. He is fre to make
statements on his own behalf however it is an empirical fact that I and
others working at my company have built a multi-billion dollar company
on the basis of our understanding of those issues.

If the 'poll' questions were intended in good faith the proposer of the
poll would at a minimum discuss the issue with the people who have
proposed to consider the issue.

As a direct result of these agenda denial tactics we have spent far
longer discussing whether we should discuss the issue than would have
been required to actually discuss the issue.

Is it correct that this is all that needs be done?

In my view as the original editor of the XKMS specification that is all
that is required for XKMS.