Re: Header field canonicalzation question

2005-07-27 14:52:20

The below makes it sound as if our implementation is the gold-standard here - obviously it _most certainly_ is not and I could be wrong and mis-understanding the spec on this point. I only meant to say that (as of today) this is how we understand it and have coded accordingly (this isn't to assume we aren't wrong in our understanding and due for a re-coding tomorrow).

--
Arvel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Arvel Hathcock" <arvel(_at_)altn(_dot_)com>
To: "ietf-mailsig" <ietf-mailsig(_at_)imc(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Header field canonicalzation question

Sorry for late response.

Because the standard does not make such a prohibition, I need to know if SWSP in a header field name should be removed or retained
as part of its canonicalization under "nowsp".

It should NOT be retained. Our current understanding of "nowsp" requires the removal of space chars in that case and that's how our implementation is doing it.

--
Arvel