RE: QUERY: Key Server Choices

2005-07-26 09:43:55

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 domainkeys-feedbackbase02(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com wrote:

> --- "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:
>
>> q=xkms
>
> Ahhh. So we're talking about heavy-weight key fetching alternatives.

What are your reasons for considering HTTP to be heavy-weight protocol?

TCP? Redirects? Elaborate framing? Lots of options?

Do you also consider SMTP or LDAP to be heavy-weight?

For fetching DKIM keys, yes, absolutely. (LDAP over UDP would be an interesting
alterntive, but I believe the UDP binding has been abandoned.)

                                Ned