Re: MASS/DKIM BOF Summary

2005-08-08 09:35:40

Hi Philip,

On these two points:

The argument at the BOF was very clearly of the 'component' variety
rather than claiming to solve the problem.

I agree.  I stated the other for completeness' sake in general terms.

If we argue for the value of DKIM as a component we have to describe the
relationship of that component to the other components we expect to be
used in conjunction with it.

I agree on this point as well.  It is NOT that we should have to
standardize the other components at the same time, or that the IETF
might even be competent at standardizing some of them.  But I believe
that if we explain at least a basic theory of operation that has a
reasonable chance of success the chances of a working group in this area
seem far better than they otherwise would.

Eliot