Re: line terminator

1997-05-20 20:48:12
Tim Showalter <tjs(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> writes:
You have your choice of two reasonable choices:

LF|CRLF|CR: This works with any OS that purports to save files in ASCII
text.

CRLF: This is what a standard does normally.

  The only problem with LF|CRLF|CR is that it *doesn't* work with any
OS - you can't read files that were created on another platform.

  We could just let it be LF|CRLF|CR, and leave it up to the transfer
mechanism / editors to do the translation... (this is the approach
HTML takes, although I'm not sure whether that's an argument for or
against :-)

  )Rob