Re: Proposed Sieve extensions

1998-11-12 15:53:14
I'm sorry, but I have to object. This is way too much complexity to even be considered for the base spec.

I think we need to concentrate on getting a base spec that is as easy as possible to implement, and supports enough functionality to be useful. I'm sure there are all sorts of wonderful things we could add, but if we try and cram them into the base spec we'll never get it done, and it won't get widespread support.

The Sieve effort has been going on for a couple of years now, and I think we need to get a minimal base spec out the door. Personally, I'd be happy with the -03 one, but I think we can come to agreement on the -04 one.

If I've misunderstood you, and you want these to be considered as extensions, in their own document, that's a different matter.
--
Randall Gellens
randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com