Re: IMAPFLAGS SIEVE extension

1998-11-12 16:52:40
At 2:13 AM +0300 11/13/98, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

Other important issue. As Tim Showalter noticed setflags should be bind to
fileinto, because multiple fileinto are possible for the same message. Any
ideas? (Tim Showalter proposed to add additional parameter to fileinto, so I
mean "any other ideas" here)

I think the simplest thing to do is to have setflags and fileinto be separate actions. A setflags which is not followed by a fileinto sets flags for the message when it is filed into the default folder (inbox). A setflags followed by a discard means the setflags was for naught, but so what?

Alexey, how would you feel about pursuing setflags as an extension after the Sieve base spec is published? As useful as I think setflags is, I think we need to focus on keeping Sieve simple and getting it out the door.