Re: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

1999-01-21 19:07:36
I thought we decided that the Sieve model is assumed to operate at final delivery time, that final delivery does not take place until after Sieve. (I know Sieve can be used by POP clients, but that is a different matter). So a copy action in Sieve can't be the kind of copy you are thinking of, where the message is delivered first, then copied from there.

So the semantics of FileInto would be: this message will be delivered into the specified mailbox instead of the default INBOX.

The semantics of CopyInto would be: this message will be delivered into the specified mailbox in addition.

Your example of copying a message to the postmaster's mailbox would, I think, be better handled by a Forward action. It is certainly cleaner, as I don't expect a Sieve implementation to have access to mailboxes for any other user. (I suppose that raises the question: should FileInto be permitted for a shared mailbox?)