Re: Language for conflicting actions

1999-01-27 21:17:44
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 18:20:00 -0800
From: Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)Qualcomm(_dot_)Com>

Command Interactions

It is possible for two or more actions to be executed by a script.  A
script MUST NOT perform any action before finishing execution, and
MUST check that the actions are consistent (according the the
following chart).

When we discussed parsing before executing (to trap syntax errors),
it was decided that this was a quality of implementation issue, not a
Sieve requirement.  Why should this be any different?

Well, here's the problem.  Reject and forward are mutually exclusive
(or, IMHO, should be, because I have a very hard time with the idea that
a standards-track document should provide for bogus DSNs.)

If you reject a message, you have to throw it away; the DSN says you
did so.

It was decided some time ago that reject+keep was an absurd thing to do
and should not be allowed, right?

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>