Re: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

1999-01-26 16:57:49

Tim Showalter wrote:

Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 01:07:57 +0300
From: Alexey Melnikov <mel(_at_)taxxi(_dot_)com>
CC: Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>,
ietf-mta-filters(_at_)imc(_dot_)org

Randall Gellens wrote:

At 3:45 AM +0300 1/26/99, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

1). How to treat multiple FileInto - additive or selective
(first/last)?  my opinion: Additive, if server supports multiple
FileInto. Otherwise file into last.

This reduces interoperability.  The script must be tailored to
different environments.

I am not insisting. I just want to hear consensus.  I really meant :
"Server MAY treat multiple FileInto additive, if it support multiple
FileInto. Otherwise file into last."  (I prefer file into last because
for me it is easier to redefine target mailbox later in a script).

I oppose any meaning assigned to fileinto that is ambiguous depending on
whether the implementation in question can handle multiple fileintos.
In this part, I agree with Randy -- this really screws interoperability.
Fileinto should be one way or the other, not both.

You are right, I forgot that there is currently no way to discover SIEVE
interpreter behaviour.

--
Best Regards,
Alexey Melnikov