Re: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

1999-01-28 09:42:29
On Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:39:38 -0800 Randall Gellens
<randy(_at_)Qualcomm(_dot_)Com>
wrote:

Personally, I think it would be counterintuitive and dangerous to
make this the position, but I also feel that not being clear is much
worse.

I agree.

I think a clear and safe way of phrasing this is: Message are
delivered unless an action is performed which explicitly prevents
delivery (such as "reject").

That seems to me to be the best way to handle it.    Specify that delivery
will occur subsequent to any action (or collection of actions) unless one
or more of the actions specifically overrides that (like reject).
Presumably there is smallish subset of actions that would prevent
subsequent delivery.

We can separately talk about the default delivery mailbox: The
default mailbox for delivery is "INBOX" on an IMAP server, the
maildrop on a POP server.  If FileInto is supported, this can be used
to alter the delivery mailbox.

Just call it the metaphorical sieve INBOX.   It is the place where mail
goes normally if there was no sieve script in the way.    This is an
implementation dependent location.

Cheers.
---
Steve Hole
Execmail Inc.
Mailto:Steve(_dot_)Hole(_at_)execmail(_dot_)com
Phone: 780-424-4922