Re: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

1999-01-26 16:28:51
Date: 26 Jan 1999 17:59:24 -0500
From: Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>

Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:39:35 -0800
From: Randall Gellens <randy(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>

At 10:30 PM -0800 1/25/99, Ned Freed wrote:

I have a far bigger problem with the notion that somebody advanced
of having multiple keeps deliver multiple copies of a message. This
is unimplementable more often than not, as quite a few delivery
schemes do duplicate address elimination, duplicate message
elimination, or both. I cannot support such semantics, and I doubt
I'm alone in this.

I don't think it makes sense (it isn't desirable) for multiple keeps
to be different than a single keep.

Ned's saying it isn't possible.  That rules out desirability.

Is there any case where writing a message to a single mailbox twice is
useful?

Please ignore this part of my message.  I appear to have gotten very
confused.  My apologies to both Randy and Ned for missing this point.

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>