Re: Multiple actions in Sieve script.

1999-01-26 15:09:00
Lawrence Greenfield wrote:

[...]
   2). Can FileInto have multiple parameters? How treat them if the
   answer is yes?

   my opinion: Yes. Treat FileInto with multiple parameters as atomic
   operation [as Matthew proposed] (the alternative is to treat it as
   multiple operations).

I'm against treating a fileinto with multiple parameters as an atomic
operation.  My implementation allows such a construct (it treats it
identically to multiple fileinto actions) and it would be a
substantial burden to have to lock mailboxes, verify that a fileinto
can be done to all of them, perform the delivery, and unlock
mailboxes.  This could be very expensive on many implementations.

After thinking more about this I think you are right.
However "atomic multiple FileInto" may be interesting as a SIEVE
extension.

--
Best Regards,
Alexey Melnikov