Re: Language for conflicting actions

1999-01-29 07:26:12
Actually I've found the queueing up of actions until the end a VERY
desirable feature.
The only sieve language I ever designed did this; it also did set manipulation
on the set of languages at the end of its run, to do actions like:

- If it's filed into the same mailbox for multiple reasons, file it once.
- If it's filed into "Inbox (High Priority)", don't bother to file it into
"Inbox (General)"
- If it's from list "Idiot Configured Listserver", don't put it into Inbox even
though
  it's got my name in the To: field

It's probably the wrong time to wish for the Sieve language to be like this.
But it sure was nice to have; I miss it.

(No, I never published it. It was a Perl hack on MH mailboxes.)

                                           Harald A