Re: Support for the vacation extension

1999-01-28 16:52:04
Does the language of vacation's reply text need to be (optionally)
specified?

Obviously the vacation extension has some dependance on resolution of
multiple-commands questions.

I want to add this text to the vacation extension (with many more
obvious revisions):

 "Vacation" never responds to a message unless the user's email address
 is in the "To" or "Cc" line of the original message.

I want to also add an optional argument allowing additional email
addresses to be specified.  The rationale is that I want to prohibit the
obvious problem with vacation commands (that they tend to send lots of
mail out for users who subscribe to mailing lists), and as long as we
limit it to user-specified and user-supplied addresses, we're fine (it's
responding to mailing list mail that I'm worried about).

Tim

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>