Re: Support for the vacation extension

1999-01-29 10:52:18
+----- On 28 Jan 1999 18:54:46 EST, Tim Showalter writes:
| Does the language of vacation's reply text need to be (optionally)
| specified?

I think so, or at least the character set should be specified, especially
if the subject line can be set.

| Obviously the vacation extension has some dependance on resolution of
| multiple-commands questions.
|
| I want to add this text to the vacation extension (with many more
| obvious revisions):
|
| "Vacation" never responds to a message unless the user's email address
| is in the "To" or "Cc" line of the original message.

In the original draft there was an if statement around the vacation,
that seems redundant if you are going to include that check in vacation
itself. How should +mailboxes to be handled?

| I want to also add an optional argument allowing additional email
| addresses to be specified.  The rationale is that I want to prohibit the
| obvious problem with vacation commands (that they tend to send lots of
| mail out for users who subscribe to mailing lists), and as long as we
| limit it to user-specified and user-supplied addresses, we're fine (it's
| responding to mailing list mail that I'm worried about).

I think that that is very important, all of the users in Ericsson have
2 addresses, some several more. Without the ability to specify the
aliases I don't think that sieve's vacation will be used here.

/Michael