Re: reject imples stop?

1999-02-16 18:03:27
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 17:02:40 -0800
From: "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk(_at_)cp(_dot_)net>

On 02/16/99, Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Should a reject imply a stop?  If reject is incompatible with all other
actions, this is a very reasonable behavior.

If first-action-encountered wins, what happens when you fileinto, then
reject?

      I think it should just be filed and then rejected.  This is
      something I've seen implemented from time to time for tracking
      purposes -- with the various new anti-spam laws on the books,
      it seems likely that there'll be more need for such things, as
      well as merely fileinto and discard.

I have moral problems with a specification that says reject and a
fileinto are not incompatible.  While I know implementations will
(sometimes) implement this anyway, as an administrator I do not want to
present the ability to users to make my mail servers lie.

Tim

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>