Re: Feedback on the document structure

1999-02-16 21:31:15
On 11 Feb 1999 13:10:36 -0500 Tim Showalter
<tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu> wrote:

sec 2.9.  Evaluation

This section needs to be expanded to include:
 - evaluation ordering
 - control issues
 - command argument processing
 - evaluation results ie.  what happens when you evaluate a control
command vs. a test command vs. an action.

I am not sure what you want.  Could you be more specific?  I thought all
of this stuff was mostly obvious, I guess.

Oh sure, ask a hard question.

I really can't remember what this was about specifically.   I think that I
was looking for an explicit discussion on the ordering of evaluation of the
language.   Ie. each line is evaluated in order, top to bottom.   Is the
entire script parsed before evaluation or can you parse a line at a time
(I know the answer).

Please excuse the obvious onset of senility.   Bottom line is that if I
can't remember then it can't have been that important.    I'l see if it
comes back to me when I reread the new text.

Cheers.
---
Steve Hole
Execmail Inc.
Mailto:Steve(_dot_)Hole(_at_)execmail(_dot_)com
Phone: 780-424-4922