Re: Is envelope missing :comparator arguement?

1999-02-22 14:46:18
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:48:38 -0500
From: Gregory Sereda <gsereda(_at_)maillennium(_dot_)att(_dot_)com>

This still does not fix the problem because the "tim(_at_)*" could match
one address and the "*(_at_)example(_dot_)com" could match another (different)
address.

You're right.

Personally, I would just do a case insensitive compare on the
entire address.  However, I think will need to revist this if
we want or expect sieve scripts to distingush between addresses
like: smith(_at_)aol(_dot_)com and SMITH(_at_)aol(_dot_)com which might be
different users.

So what happens if we just canonicalize the domain-part to (say) lower
case for the purposes of header and envelope?  This is simple and should
do the job reasonably well.

--
Tim Showalter <tjs+(_at_)andrew(_dot_)cmu(_dot_)edu>