Re: sieve 13, corrections made during last-call discussion

2000-11-02 19:41:41
   Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:51:01 -0500
   From: Ken Murchison <ken(_at_)oceana(_dot_)com>

   One last point (I promise :^)  Are you going to use sieve-address in the
   formal grammar for redirect/vacation?  I think just saying that
   addresses "are also a subset
   of strings" leaves room for someone to do:

   redirect text:
   Nobody
   (test user)
   <foo(_at_)bar(_dot_)com>
   .
   ;

   Do we really want to allow this?  This should still parse OK, but it's
   pretty ugly.  Maybe stating that addresses are a subset of
   quoted-strings would be better?  Or better yet, define:

I don't think we should care about ugliness.  It's ugly but it's a legal
address with a single interpretation, so it's fine.

We want the least sane rules, not the prettiest addresses.

Larry