Re: Proposed MANAGESIEVE changes

2003-04-07 07:57:14
On Sunday 06 April 2003 15:42, Ken Murchison wrote:
<snip>
No, we _want_ AUTHID.  AUTHID is the authentication identifier, NOT
and authentication mechanism name.
<snip>

You mean authid like in what some sasl mechnisms support beside the
userid? Hmm, is there another URL scheme that uses ;AUTHID= for that?

In any case, I think ;AUTH= should be added, too, since it's quite
standard in URL schemes in the IMAP/mail realm: ACAP, IMAP, POP3 all
use it. Having both will also point out that they're describing
different things.

Marc

--
We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do.
We notice computers, we don't notice pennies.