Re: variables: interaction with "require"

2003-04-14 10:19:46

On Sun, Apr 13, 2003 at 10:20:56PM -0700,
ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
[Kjetil]
+ The require clauses themselves are not affected by this extension.

I agree with this proposed solution to the problem.

Now that the door has been opened to "strings that don't
have variables expanded in them", can we consider using
the same kind of strings as variable names in "set"
commands and as match patterns?

I've thought about this and I believe I like it. I assume you're talking
about any match argument anywhere, not just when :matches or :regex
are in use. (The issue with body isn't addressed unless you do this.)

This needs to apply to the match argument in the string test as well. It cannot
apply to the source argument or the test becomes worthless.

(So they can be precompiled and don't change contents
during program execution.)

Yep. Seems like a good idea to me.

                                Ned