Re: Sieve extension to expire mails?

2004-03-11 08:04:29

ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
But regardless of the expiration model, this proposal seems to me to be
putting the cart before the horse - we'd need to define an IMAP expiration
extension before it is reasonable to extend sieve to support it. And such a
sieve extension only makes sense if the model chosen for expirations is
per-message.

Expiration based on message age is common in voicemail systems.  Some
such systems warn users about messages about to expire and allow users
to "renew" messages, so although the expiration interval is typically
per mailbox/folder the expiry process must be driven by a writable
per message property (one of effective date or expiration date).

-Rick