Re: envelope test syntax?

2004-05-26 03:23:04

How would you arrange to get an empty set of headers?

  exists [ ]

That's an empty list of headers.

My reading says that a string list has to have at least one string,
thus the question of how you would get an empty list.  Am I reading
wrong?

Fascinating.  I managed to get my code right in not allowing empty string
lists, yet I somehow thought they were possible, discussed the problem
and documented the resulting opinion.  The "exists" code could cope with
empty lists, but it will never see any.

Thanks for that hint, I will change the documentation to remove the
paragraph talking about empty string lists.  There are still enough
other points, though.

Michael