:binary in draft-degener-sieve-body-02.txt

2004-06-23 11:46:05

What is the intended use of :binary? If its for checking virus signatures, isn't this better suited to virustest? The reason I ask is that I've spent the last few days adding body support to Cyrus Sieve and implementing :binary as its currently documented is non-trivial and potentially expensive in both memory and CPU (especially if coupled with :regex).

So, is :binary really necessary, and if so, can it be moved to a separate extension (e.g. 'binary' or 'body-binary') so that it isn't a requirement for implementing text-based body tests?

Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127