Re: Vacation draft

2004-08-03 03:57:55

I know this because I originally tried not to have this in our implementation
for the reasons you have given. The  result was I got my butt kicked, not once
but many times.

Interesting! I got absolutely no negative feedback here at all.

While I guess I could live with the *sieve* default being to use a fixed
subject, all that will mean for us is that the sieves our UI generates will
build sieve code to override this  default.

And it would require variables to reach the same functionality, plus
code to strip the "Re: ".  A hack like ":resubject" could solve that,
but it is ugly.

The reality is that perceived need to incorporate the original subject into
the
new one overwhelms the perceived risk of this being used for negarious
purposes.

That may well be.  I don't like riskful defaults, that's all.  Since
few people ever write Sieve scripts on their own, it is not as bad,
though.  GUI authors hopefully read the draft/RFC, so they know what
they are doing.

Michael