Re: Sieve-Notify and potential associative arrays.

2005-02-04 06:45:27

I'm a fan of associative arrays, having first used them in the Sail quite some
time ago. (Anyone else remember Sail?) However, I have to say I think
associative arrays would be serious overkill for sieve. Yes, I realize they're
powerful, but they introduce significant language and implementation
complexity.

It's really only read only associative arrays I was proposing, so that eliminates a large amount of complexity. If read-only associative arrays are overkill for Sieve then how best can we support authoring of simple messages based on the content of the inbound mail? Do you/we favour the $subject$ approach? I guess I would accept some implementation complexity if it means the language is easier to use....

Nigel