Re: Sieve-Notify and potential associative arrays.

2005-02-08 04:03:05

Slightly better, but still a bit ugly...  Perhaps instead define some new
action who's sole purpose is to populate the spamscore or header namespace.

That's a much better idea, actually. I could live with this approach.
Something like:

   headervariables list-of-header-fields

We could even make the "header." prefix settable.

Ok, so what if we have an action which requests certain variables associated
with an extension to be made available in it's namespace.

   setvariables <extension-name: string> [<list-of-variables: string-list>]

If you don't supply a list of variables that you want access to, it will
activate all variables the extension defines, else it will only activate the
list of variables that you were interested in.  This might help with the issue
of only wanting to use processing resources (av/as?) for some messages.

If we were all happy with this approach, it would seem to me to be a good
addition to the variables spec?

Nigel