Re: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-sieve-variables-00.txt

2005-02-04 08:50:54

a)   added example for string test

In the rest of your examples, the # comment inside the {} is only indented once, but here it's indented several times? Looks a little odd....

c)   added Syntax line for MODIFIER.

Aren't you missing an indent on syntax line for Modifiers?

d)   added comment to an example showing that the non-greedy "*" still
    matches everything due to implicit anchors.

I think this is an important enough concept to make more explicit. Without this concept, I don't believe it's possible to get the entirity of a mail header into a Sieve Variable without using the regex extension, and I think this is something people will want to do. Perhaps amend this paragraph:

  For ":matches", the list will contain one string for each wildcard
  ("?" and "*") in the match pattern.  Each string holds what the
  corresponding wildcard expands to, possibly the empty string.  The
  wildcards match as little as possible (non-greedy matching).

Not sure how it should be modified, I'd probably change it to say it does greedy matching ;o)

Nigel