Re: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-sieve-variables-00.txt

2005-02-17 20:39:36

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:10:16AM +0100, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 18:44 -0500, Mark E. Mallett wrote:

4.  Action set

   > An illegal name MUST cause a syntax error.

"MUST be detected as a syntax error" ?  (at compile time?  runtime?)

Just to be clear, my main comment was about the wording "must cause a
syntax error" being wrong.  The parenthesised "compile time or runtime"
was a side comment and yeah, it's probably obvious that it's compile
time.

what's wrong?  you mean s/cause/handled as/ ?

I guess I'm just being anal.  I think of an invalid name as being a
syntax error rather than causing a syntax error.  That was behind "must
be detected as a syntax error."

mm