Re: Working Group Last Call on draft-ietf-sieve-variables-00.txt

2005-02-18 04:56:48

I agree, I can't really think of a use case for the count, so I probably
shouldn't have included it in the first place.

I'd rather have both, though, and providing them is really a minor thing,
no matter how late it is.

anyone else have an opinion?

My expectation would be that ${0} is the match.  I've never had a need for the
number of parts that matched.  It was something I read in the draft though "oh
that's different to what I expect" but then I didn't have a big problem with it
so didn't mention it.  Indeed as already mentioned, adding another set of () is
all you need if ${0} has a different meaning.

Nigel