Re: spamtestbis

2005-02-04 11:44:23

FYI the draft for the new version of the spamtest extension is now
available. The only change between this and the current RFC is the
addition
of a :percent argument to the spamtest test to allow for a numeric range
of
0 - 100. The value -1 is used to indicate a message that was not
categorised in anyway.

I'm surprised we need a percentage spam score... I would have thought 10
levels was enough.  Indeed in your example you use level 30(%) = 3.

FWIW, I personally don't see any need for more levels, but I have seen
some user requests for this and I understand others have seen considerable
demand for it.

First, I don't think the -1 is a good idea because of how it interacts with
numeric comparators. I'd much rather retain 0 as the value indicating no
test
was done.

I agree.  I think many existing scripts will test for 0 as a way of finding
out if the message was scanned, so why risk breaking them?  Personally I don't
mind if "message is clear of spam" = 1%.  It's not really an exact science
anyway...

Yeah, "the exact science of spam identification" is indeed an oxymoron. Its
the reason why 10 levels is enough for me at least.