Re: spamtestbis

2005-02-12 11:42:32

On 2/4/2005 10:41 AM, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com sent forth
electrons to convey:

FYI the draft for the new version of the spamtest extension is now
available. The only change between this and the current RFC is the addition
of a :percent argument to the spamtest test to allow for a numeric range of
0 - 100. The value -1 is used to indicate a message that was not
categorised in anyway.

I'm surprised we need a percentage spam score... I would have thought 10
levels was enough.  Indeed in your example you use level 30(%) = 3.

FWIW, I personally don't see any need for more levels, but I have seen
some user requests for this and I understand others have seen considerable
demand for it.
Any of it compelling? Sometimes, there's considerable demand for bad ideas (e.g. to accept spam from open relays, e.g. from an EFF founder - http://www.toad.com/gnu/). I thought we discussed this and decided 10 was enough levels, but I find no mention of it in the archives.