Re: i;ascii-numeric comparator issue

2005-04-06 00:44:55

Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

On Tue, 2005-04-05 at 08:43 -0700, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:
   I am trying to implement the i;ascii-numeric comparator and
according to rfc 2244 : "All values which do not begin with a US-ASCII
digit are considered equal with an ordinal value higher than all non-NIL
single-valued"

[...]
I fail to see what part of "all values which do not begin
with a US-ASCII digit are considered equal" is in any way unclear.

I think he understood it as "... are considered equal _to_ an ordinal
value ...".  I found the wording a little unclear, although I wasn't in
doubt about the intended meaning.  a comma after "equal" might have made
the text a little clearer.
a comma after equal would have made a lot more sense. :))