Re: The last remaining issue in the Sieve variables draft

2005-04-25 04:01:46

okay, but it seems like a lot of hair to add, since we now have to add
in wording about the validity of a namespace and the use of numbered
variables.  do you have a use case?

What if you have a fairly complex script, and you choose to define your own
namespaces to avoid namespace clashes.  Combined with the include capability
where you have multiple .siv which each do something different and you don't
want all your SET calls to affect other scripts.

Or maybe we'd want to expose spamscore in a namespace, but then provide the
ability to override the score from the spam engine with our own score based on
some custom whitelist/blacklist/content filtering rule?

Nigel