Re: RFC 3028/3658 (Sieve): SPAM NOTSPAM.

2005-04-27 08:24:56

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 10:56:41AM -0400, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
Can you explain in more detail exactly what it is you want to do?

Sure, sorry for not making it clear first time around:

My MTA is running with SpamAssassin and an email gets falsely identified
as spam.  It gets delivered to a spam folder where I find it.  I want to
prevent it from happening again so I teach SpamAssassin it is ham and
remove the SpamAssassin modifications.  The IMAP command (?) that does
this would be (to make something up) NOTSPAM.

I'm not sure of the IMAP syntax but it might be called something like:
"NOTSPAM message-id".  The IMAP server then invokes SA and strips the
junk and re-learns as ham.

Also I would like to see SPAM, which is the opposite of NOTSPAM
(surprisingly).  If some junk mail gets through SA then I want to teach
SA that it is spam.  Maybe then it would be deleted or moved to a spam
folder (this would probably be done by the user, not the IMAP server).

Obviously in all these cases SpamAssassin could be replaced by any spam
filter.  The IMAP server would have a command that the message simply
gets piped through to do the learning/stripping of junk.

Hopefully that will make a bit more sense, even if it is a little
longwinded.  As I say, I don't think it fits in with SIEVE but it seems
somewhat related to RFC3685 (SPAMTEST and VIRUSTEST).

Thanks very much,

-Lewis Thompson.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:lewiz(_at_)fajita(_dot_)org | jabber:lewiz(_at_)jabber(_dot_)org |