Re: Collected comments for draft-ietf-sieve-body-00.txt

2005-05-16 12:49:13

Philip Guenther wrote:

My comments:
4.2 Body Transform ":content"
[...]
 If an individual content type contains a '/' (slash), it
 specifies a full <type>/<subtype> pair, and matches only
 that specific content type.  If it is the empty string, all
 MIME content types are matched.  Otherwise, it specifies a
 <type> only, and any subtype of that type matches it.
I would like to see ABNF for the content type and some text explaining what should be done if the user specified an invalid value here, e.g. "/". I suspect the answer to this can be: no runtime error, but no match.

I would rather not drag in ABNF just for this single paragraph.
Indeed, I suspect the result would be more difficult to comprehend
when specified that way.  As the only cases not covered by the
current text are values that begin or end with a slash or contain
multiple slashes, I've added an initial case to specify that they
match no content types:

If an individual content type begins or ends with a '/' (slash) or contains multiple slashes, it matches no content types.
I would suggest something like:

  If an individual content type is not a valid content type according to XXX,
  i.e it begins or ends with a '/' (slash) or contains multiple slashes, it
matches no content types.

  Otherwise, if it contains a slash, then it specifies a full
Alexey