Re: 3028bis open issue #1: envelope-sender argument for redirect?

2005-06-30 14:02:33

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 01:19:46AM -0700, Philip Guenther wrote:
There was a suggestion that the 'redirect' action should provide a
way to specify the envelope-from address used when the message was
redirected.

While a nice idea, no one has said anything further on it, which
says to me that we shouldn't add it as a new requirement on
implementations.

Up until you posted, there wasn't much discussion on any of the 3 items
you emailed about separately, so I don't know if that conclusion follows
from that justification.  I suspect it's a correct conclusion though :-)

OTOH, I'm probably being dumb again (feel free to agree), but what's the
meta-stuff?  i.e.  how has 3028bis come about, what's the charter for
its creation, is there a call for submissions of items, etc?

mm