Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sieve-variables-04.txt

2005-07-20 11:25:20

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 10:50 -0400, Internet-Drafts(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org wrote:
A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sieve-variables-04.txt

the changes are:

* added :quotewildcard and :quoteregex mofiefiers to SET.

Basic idea looks good, however, a couple of typos have crept in. First, the
syntax at the begining of 4.1 fails to list the two new modifiers. Second, the
plain text draft now says:

4.1.2.1.  Modifier ":quotewildcard"

   Every character with special meaning for :matches ("*", "?" and " is
   prefixed with "

4.1.2.2.  Modifier ":quoteregex"

   Every character with special meaning for :regex (".", "*", "?" etc.)
   is prefixed with "

I assume you meant '"\"' and not '"'. Looks like you need to apply some quoting
to the draft source...

The lack of a full list of regex specials is a bit awkward here, but I
guess I can live with it.

Finally, the section ends with "Using two or more modifiers of the same
precedence is a syntax error.". This isn't quite right: These aren't syntax
errors. How about saying "It is an error to use two or more modifiers of the
same precedence in a single SET operation" or something similar.

* added this paragraph to security considerations:

        Since values stored by SET exceeding implementation limits are
        silently truncated, it's not appropriate to store large
        structures with security implications in variables.

I did not remove the text about interaction with regex yet.  I feel the
text belongs in the variables draft, so if it is procedurally possible,
I prefer it stays there rather than move into the regex draft.

I also would like to keep the text here if possible.

                                Ned