Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-09-22 11:26:56

On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 10:11:12AM -0700, Ned Freed wrote:

Hi folks,
One of the questions raised during the WGLC of
draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt was concerning the following text in the
draft:

3.1.  Match Type Value
[...]
  Leading and trailing white space MUST be removed from the value of
  the message for the comparison.  White space is defined as

      SP / HTAB / CRLF

I would like to poll people who've implemented the relational draft/RFC
if they've been following this rule.

We handled the leading white space this way but not the trailing in this
way.

Shoot... having read that, I see that I ignored the "trailing" part in
the question, so I'll have to amend my response.  For 'header' test,
leading spaces are skipped, trailing are not.  I believe that address
tests are coded to work on address parts that have had leading and
trailing spaces removed.

Pardon,
mm