Re: Stripping leading/trailing spaces in relational draft

2005-09-27 13:48:36

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> Hi folks,
> One of the questions raised during the WGLC of
> draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt was concerning the following text in
> the draft:
>
> >3.1.  Match Type Value
> [...]
> >   Leading and trailing white space MUST be removed from the value of
> >   the message for the comparison.  White space is defined as
> >
> >       SP / HTAB / CRLF
>
> I would like to poll people who've implemented the relational
> draft/RFC if they've been following this rule.

The next question I would like to ask:
 Are people Ok with having this restriction for :address and :string tests?

I'm in favor of the behavior being consistent across all tests. If it isn't
we now hove to specify this obscure bit of behavior for every future
extension that introduces a test. Not good IMO.

                                Ned