Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-3431bis-01.txt (relational test)

2005-09-22 13:46:14

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 06:40:43PM +0100, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
"relational" draft is not the place for listing such comparators. There
is a separate document (currently draft-newman-i18n-comparator-05.txt)
that defines the comparator registry.

I guess you are right that duplicating information is not good, but the
Sieve base language contains so few comparators, that it would be nice
to state that those return sort information.

Maybe you are asking for a reference to the comparator registry after
the quoted sentence?

Probably.

When I edit a document I usually try to add lots of examples to address
issues like yours.

Examples are very good, but what I love most is a short summary of the
important points (in this case, that all comparators of the base language
do return sort information), a reference where to read it in detail AND
examples. :-)

On a somewhat related note: do people think we need a comparator that
can handle negative numbers?

At first, I thought it was odd not to have one, but as a matter of fact,
I never missed it.

Michael