Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-03.txt

2005-09-22 20:33:12

Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com> writes:
Section 4.3 requires support for RFC 2047 encoding of the subject;
should that same requirement be placed on any phrase portion of the
from?

Right now the text says you have to construct something that's a
syntactically valid mailbox-list, which would preclude any 8bit
material. I'm reluctant to change that since it gets into the issue
of exactly how you take structured header content that contains
8bit and convert it to something legal.

Oops, right.  I withdraw the comment/suggestion.

(Hmmm, if you ban comments and refuse to encode a comma, I think
it would be unambiguous, but oof, that would be an ugly spec.)

Philip Guenther