Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-sieve-vacation-03.txt

2005-09-23 09:42:04

On Thu, 2005-09-22 at 19:54 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
Section 4.3 requires support for RFC 2047 encoding of the subject;
should that same requirement be placed on any phrase portion of the
from?

Right now the text says you have to construct something that's a
syntactically
valid mailbox-list, which would preclude any 8bit material. I'm reluctant to
change that since it gets into the issue of exactly how you take structured
header content that contains 8bit and convert it to something legal.

IDNA is relevant for mailbox-list, e.g.
kjetilho(_at_)xn--srlandslaget-vjb(_dot_)no
which is "kjetilho(_at_)sørlandslaget(_dot_)no" to a user expecting
"everything" in
Sieve to be UTF-8.  but I think IDNA in "vacation" should wait until
IDNA is in the base spec (e.g. "address" test), in other words, not yet.

The binding and use of IDNA in email isn't specified yet, so even talking about
it in the base specific would be premature.

                                Ned