Re: Updated Sieve notification draft

2005-09-30 09:38:59

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:05 -0700, Ned Freed wrote:
Notifications should contains what the action says they should contain.
Automatic addition of information about other actions is IMO entirely
inappropriate, and even if was appropriate I don't see how it could be done
usefully. (Tnink about the internationalization issues.)

I agree.

My personal view is that denotify should be yanked from the specification. I
see no more reason for it than I see for having defileinto or deredirect. (The
last one has an especially nice name, doesn't it?)

I agree.  (and without "denotify", "notify" can have immediate effect if
the implemenation so chooses.)

--
Kjetil T.