List of issues with Sieve notifications

2005-10-16 12:02:31

I've incorporated several other changes, the most important are:
1). Clarify that notify doesn't report which actions were taken.
2). Added text about URI validation.
3). Changed priority into a string containing number (currently "1", "2" and "3") (Nigel)

Would people prefer to use "high"/"normal"/"low" instead? I though that we might want to use relational on the priority, thus it is a number for now.

I still have some mailing list messages I need to review, but here is my current list of open issues/suggested changes.

1). Need to change the extension name, as there were too many incompatible changes. 2). Don't send any notification if no method is given and none configured. (Michael)
3). Extend text about URI syntactic/semantic validity. (Michael)
4). Added :from parameter to notify. (Michael)
5). Describe mailto: notification method. (Michael and Ned)
6). Add example about extracting message body. (suggestion from Kjetil)
7). Remove denotify. (many).

I think there is a consensus for doing #7, but I will do it in the next revision. I need to rewrite existing examples to make sure that variables + notify action are as good as notify + denotify actions. I suspect it would be, but I need to do some homework first.

Alexey