Re: document status: 3028bis, body, editheader

2006-03-21 15:53:59

Alexey Melnikov <alexey(_dot_)melnikov(_at_)isode(_dot_)com> writes:
I think you've missed a couple of issues I've reported:
1). I can't see any text about stripping leading/trailing whitespaces
(text moved from the relational extension)

Section 5.7:
   The "header" test evaluates to true if the value of any of the named
   headers, ignoring leading and trailing whitespace, matches any key.

(This was present in rev -04 too)

2). I think IANA template is not precisely defined, I am not clear on
what is the difference between "capability name" and "capability
keyword"? Is the former supposed to be a human readable phrase? Also,
what should be put into "Capability arguments" if an extension supports
multiple actions/tests.

Hmm, the template is really aimed towards new tests and actions, while
just about every part of the sieve grammar has been extended in some
way.  Checking the previously published RFCs, we've tended to just
register the name and ignore the "Capability arguments" part.  For
example, the spamtest and virustest registrations in RFC 3685 don't give
the arguments.

My inclination would be to drop the "name" and "arguments" fields.
Opinions?

Philip Guenther wrote:
I've made one tweak for the next rev to the wording in section 2.7.1
regarding ':match' and the definition of 'character'; I had overlooked
an off-list comment at the turn of the year.  The paragraph now
reads:
  The ":matches" match type specifies a wildcard match using the
  characters "*" and "?"; the entire value must be matched.  "*"
  matches zero or more characters in the value and "?" matches a single
  character in the value, where the comparator that is used (see 2.7.3)
  defines what a character is.  For example, the comparators "i;octet"
  and "en;ascii-casemap" define a character to be a single octet so "?"

I don't think en;ascii-casemap is working on octets. So either the
comparators draft need to be changed, or this sentence need to be changed.

Sure it is.  Section 9.2.1 of draft-newman-i18n-comparator-08 seems to
concur.

draft-ietf-sieve-editheader-04.txt

This has been reading for submission for a while; I think the
write-up is even done.  This last rev was basically editorial.

(Chair hat on): The draft needs to address the issue with
leading/trailing spaces.

You just mean in deleteheader's matching?  Or are there other places I
don't see?

I'll change the text in deleteheader to refer to the base-spec's
'header' test for details of matching values against patterns.

Philip Guenther