Re: document status: 3028bis, body, editheader

2006-03-22 08:54:39

Alexey Melnikov writes:
I've already sent a comment to Arnt asking him to allow en;ascii-casemap to work on Unicode characters. The advantage of this is that Unicode characters outside of ASCII are legal and not going to cause matching failure anymore.
I though you agreed to this in one of your messages to the mailing list.

I felt a little bad about that and sat on it. Call it intuition. And indeed I changed my mind later. Now I think the most appropriate policy is for ascii-casemap to treat all codepoints it doesn't know as non-letters, ie. there's no specific tie to unicode. A UTF-8 octet stream encoding a proper word or pure 8-bit junk: No difference to ascii-casemap.

Sound good?

Arnt